Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Limitations


I have discovered that I have created my own limitations. This morning I did a yoga class and one of the positions is something I have always told myself that I can't do because of my bad knees, but today I decided to ignore my limitations and I successfully pushed through it.

Later today, while I was swimming, I discovered that I can swim the American Crawl so much easier than I ever thought I could. You see, although I have always loved swimming and consider myself a great swimmer, my stroke preference has always been the breast stroke because I have always told myself that it is hard for me to reach my arms over my head. I have been going swimming lately and once again pushing myself past my limitations and discovering that with effort and persistence, I can get better at something. I am committed to getting rid of my self-imposed limitations. Dare I tackle singing?

No comments: