Sunday, April 18, 2010

Being Vulnerable


Today I was feeling extremely vulnerable, and I had a difficult and emotional day. But the good thing is that so many people came forward to comfort and help. Sometimes it is okay to be vulnerable and let down walls because then people can come forward and give support.

A few months ago I had a dream that our family was staying in a hotel and the walls didn't go all the way to the ceiling. I woke up in the middle of the night and knew that we needed to let our walls come down and let people in. I would have chosen a less dramatic way to get knocked down, but hey, we built up a pretty strong fortress and it took quite a hefty bulldozer!

Now at least people know that we aren't perfect and that we might need some support. I have to think that this has been an important part of my self improvement. Let people in and let them support me. Also, I now believe that sometimes people don't have to be strong on their own and that we all need to support and occasionally be supported. I can now see that bad things will happen to create that opportunity to bond. I am committed to be a better support to others.

No comments: