Friday, April 9, 2010

Healthy Eating


For a couple of days I have fallen off the wagon and so now I have to recommit to my 10 commandments for healthy eating.



1. Drink lemon water or just plain water at least every hour.
2. Take vitamins.
3. Eat sitting down with awareness and all food on a plate.
4. Eat every 2-3 hours at approximately 7 10 12 3 6 8.
5. Eat small portions, cut restaurant portions in half.
6. Eat colorful foods, lots of vegetables and fruits.
7. Eat whole grains, legumes, seeds, nuts.
8. Eat lots of fish, and lean chicken and turkey.
9. Eat low fat cheeses, plain yogurt, sour cream, etc. Non fat milk or soy milk.
10. Stop eating at 8 pm.

It is interesting how far I fell off in almost every area. Just like success creates more success; failure also creates more failure. The important thing is that even though I slipped up for a couple of days, I can get back on the wagon and get rolling again. I will just learn from it and move on.

No comments: