Monday, February 1, 2010

Courage to Change


I was reading the message by Pres. Monson in the February Ensign (yes, I am THAT righteous!) and he posed a question that is relevant to my self improvement quest. Pres. Monson said, "In the search for our best selves, several questions will guide our thinking. . . Do I have the courage to change for the better?"

That question jumped out at me, and I had to really think about what that means. The little dictionary on my computer tells me that courage is "to act on one's beliefs despite danger or disapproval." What that says to me is that in order to have courage to change for the better, I've got to believe I can change. I then ask myself and ask anyone reading this, what beliefs do I have that might hold me back from having the courage to change?

Do some self examination and share if you'd like to. I'll give you my answer tomorrow.

No comments: