Saturday, February 20, 2010

Take time to nurture self


I am discovering that my lack of self care can create an indulgence in an unhealthy way such as chocolate because there is an emptiness that I am trying to fill. When I take good care of myself, spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially then I don't feel a need to overindulge in sugar because I am filled. I believe that the sweetest of sugar is only a poor substitute for a lack of "sweetness" in my life. Since I am the only person that I can control, it is important that I be "sweet" to myself and provide the same kind of nurture that I want to give to others.

Now I have got to be really honest with myself and change my belief. I am not REALLY being good to my whole self when I indulge in sugar. I am just being good to my taste buds, and I just can't let my taste buds be that selfish anymore.

No comments: