Friday, February 19, 2010

Yes to Fruit


On Dr. Oz the other day he talked about the effects that sugar has on our veins, and at that moment I realized that my painful and ugly veins might be a result of consuming too much sugar. That and the fact that I have put on extra weight and feel more muscle and joint pain than I know I should, have made me realize that the momentary pleasure of sugar isn't all that it's cracked up to be. (darn it!)

I already talked about how what we resist tends to persist, and so I don't want to just say no to sugar; but instead reprogram myself to say yes to fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth. I will also say yes to enjoying and filling up on other healthy foods. I will feel that new determination all over my body and repeat that declaration over and over again. I am saying yes to fruit. I am passionate about fruit. I enjoy eating fruit. I believe in fruit. If there is any fruit that is virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, I will seek after it.

1 comment:

Love Family said...

Hey, very good to know! I need to tackle my love for sugary desserts! I love your blog...fun to read! :)