Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time not amount


Instead of reading a certain amount of pages or chapters in the scriptures each morning, I read for a certain amount of time. That way I give myself more time to really ponder something without hurrying to get through the allotted amount of chapters. Sometimes I will spend the entire time I have set aside to read on just one verse. I will look up the definitions of words, ask what that means for me, apply it to my life, and write about it in my journal. Even though I have read the scriptures several times through, I am continually surprised at the new material that seems to sneak in. But then you are hearing that from someone who can hide her own Easter eggs and wanders through the grocery store parking lot looking for her car but trying to do it in a way that seems natural.

No comments: