Sunday, August 1, 2010

Be Who You Are


It's lovely being old. I finally have discovered that I get to be me, and I don't need to worry about what anyone thinks. There are so many things about me that are quite nerdy but I love discovering the things I love to do and celebrating my own quirky ways. I am an explorer and a conqueror. I love to discover new places and things and I am always trying to make something easier and better. Nothing ever notable, mind you. Just dumb little things that can bring me such simple joy.

Someone recently asked me to list some of my major regrets and one of them was this.

I put too much emphasis on outside authority or approval rather than my intrinsic, God-given motivation and inspiration. I focused too much on rules and pleasing other people instead of internal feelings of joy to guide me. In essence, I haven't always been who I was meant to be. The only way to know that is to listen to my own heart and the quiet inspiration from above and within.

Another regret is that I didn't invent facebook.

No comments: