Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to Basics


I have been struggling somewhat with my motivation and then I realized that sometimes it is time to get back to basics. In a world when bigger is better and kids aren't just content with going out for a hamburger but now they need a toy and a playground to be happy (and thus the name, "happy meal"), sometimes it is important to just enjoy the simple thing. It is the simple little daily accomplishments that can bring me so much satisfaction, just like a little puddle brought my grandson the other day as he jumped in it over and over and laughed and laughed. He didn't need to go to a water park as originally planned to have a great time.

It is making a good meal, or getting all the wash done, or cleaning out a closet that can be so satisfying. I don't always need a grand vacation or a new outfit to be happy. Happiness comes in the little basic tasks done well, and then I have motivation for even more. I am getting back to basics.

No comments: