Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love Conquers All


In the wee hours of the morning before I was fully awake, I heard or I just had this thought; "Love conquers all." It was incredibly distinct and powerful enough that I knew it wasn't really my own thought but one that was purposefully planted. I have come to realize that I have been guilty of using unproductive and admittedly manipulative tools to change or control those that I love the most. I have recently discovered that feeling sorry for myself, anger, and the silent treatment are methods of trying to get someone to do or feel what I want, and that they are really destructive, if not immediately but in the long run. Control is Satan's method and anything that reeks of trying to control instead of love can destroy a relationship.

The only effective and building tool in a relationship is love. Love motivates better listening and understanding. Love motivates forgiveness. Love motivates kindness. Love compels me to take responsibility and look to only changing myself. Sometimes love will drive me to take a stand to defend righteousness but only with pure motives and real intent. but not to control.

Love is healing, builds trust and confidence, and encourages closeness. Love does conquer all and is the prevention and the cure for the social ills of our day. I am committed to pray to love in the way that God loves the people in my life.

1 comment:

MamaPark said...

Charity never faileth has been my experience whenever I actually do it.