Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bad Mood Busters


I ran across an article in the Spa Living Body and Health magazine about the 4 Bad Mood Busters, and it is certainly been helpful for this month because I realize that August is my least favorite month. I chalk that up to the heat and the end of Summer and how off track and unorganized I continue to get the longer Summer goes. I'm not going to lie, I am one that craves the order and structure that routine gives (pin a note on my back that says, "Kick me") Anyway, here are three of the bad mood busters:

"1. EAT LUNCH-Skipping lunch can lead to blood sugar crash, resulting in mood swings. Eating protein midday will help you feel full longer and stabilize sugar levels, but avoid deep-fried or prepackaged meats."

"2. EXERCISE-Researchers have long known that physical activity can ease symptoms of depression by reducing cortisol, increasing endorphins, and improving metabolism."

"3. TAKE SUPPLEMENTS-Anxiety, depression, and an inability to stay focused can be attributed to a deficiency of neurotransmitters, the chemicals that relay messages between cells. Vitamin B, omega-3 capsules, and GABA (gamma-aminobutryic acid) supplements can all help brain cells better communicate with one another." Question: Does this mean that when I walk down to the basement and am standing there perplexed, will one part of my brain answer when I ask, "Why did I come down here?"?

I have to say that ever since I restocked on my vitamins and have been faithfully taking them, I feel so much better and now my hair is long and thick. Okay, I was exaggerating on the hair a tad, but I do feel so much more content, motivated, and energized. Taking supplements make a difference for me and I have to think it is more than the placebo effect just because I believe they will.

I will post the 4th bad mood buster tomorrow.

1 comment:

MamaPark said...

Is it a possibility God knew what he was doing bringing you into this world on the last day of your least favorite month? You get to celebrate it all being over!