Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sure Foundation



Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I testify that this is true. I know that I have weathered some difficult storms and if it weren't for the rock of my Redeemer that has been my foundation, that I could have become very miserable and my life could have felt hopeless. What has truly happened is that I have found more joy and peace than I ever felt possible. I am eternally grateful that I was given the direction to study scriptures and to attend the temple in order to understand the truths of the gospel. Through those practices, I have come to know my Savior's love for me. What seemed like a dutiful checking off on a list of requirements, became my foundation and rescue. My faith in the activities I am asked to perform has been increased.

No comments: