Thursday, October 14, 2010

Socializing


I love to socialize and our neighborhood has had a week of social gatherings. With two wedding showers, church meetings, and two funerals right in our neighborhood, there has been an unique opportunity to gather together often as friends to offer love and support.

There is a book entitled, Bowling Alone, about the current trend to be socially isolated from each other and the ramifications of that lack of connection. I know that I am the happiest when I can be with family and good friends, but it is something that I have to make an effort to achieve. It is nice to know that my church involvement creates a great social network and opportunities to gather. I guess sometimes things happen that force us all to be there for each other, I just want to be better at creating those opportunities without a tragic excuse (but of course with free food).

No comments: