Sunday, October 3, 2010

Problem Solving


This morning I had to remind myself of something I taught over and over in organization classes. (Honestly, that is one of the reasons I need to teach, so that I remind myself) If there is something that is frustrating in my life, home, or relationships then I need to just ask myself, "What can I do to make this work better?" Lately, I have been guilty of getting into a mode of complaining instead of problem solving. Life is never going to be perfect and we really aren't here to reach perfection because we simply can't given our imperfect nature, and so is all I can really do is keep identifying ways that I can learn from my experience or station in life and improve upon it. As much as I keep trying to prove otherwise, complaining just doesn't solve the problem, it just makes it worse and encourages me to find more evidence to complain about. When I proactively ask myself that simple question of what I can do to make it better, then ideas flow and I am able to have more power to change and improve. Just complaining puts me in a very reactive and powerless place that creates a lot of negative energy. It is simply exhausting. Now I just need to forgive myself for having to learn that lesson over and over and over again.

No comments: