Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cleanse TV Viewing Habits


Today in a young woman's lesson was a fable about the camel who gradually nosed his way into a tent until eventually there wasn't room for his master. It is likened to how we can ever so subtly be influenced to accept more and more inappropriate things into our lives until we are completely overcome.

I realized that I too have allowed myself to view TV shows that have gotten more and more inappropriate; and if I am not careful, I too will find myself outside the tent where it is safe and cozy.

Because the lesson also taught that we need to replace the bad with something good, I came home and after erasing all the recordings that I have been feeling uncomfortable about, I set the timer to record Little House on the Prairie. You probably think I am kidding but I'm not. I watched it while it was recording and I have to say that it has been a long time that I felt so touched and inspired by a TV program. Move over Sue, welcome Nellie.

No comments: