Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taste of Hawaii



For years at this time of year we have been in Hawaii, and one of our favorite things there is banana and macadamia pancakes with coconut maple syrup. Since we are missing our tradition this year for the first time in like 18 years, I gathered the family to have this delicious breakfast.

This pancake mix is amazing. Just add water and it is a great healthy pancake batter made with 100% whole wheat and oat flour and egg whites. It is both delicious and healthy, which I honestly admit doesn't always come in the same package. Even my granddaughter was surprised when I said the pancakes were healthy because she knows that what I make that is healthy doesn't always taste good.

We chop the macadamia nuts and put on each pancake before flipping and top with the bananas and this coconut syrup mixed with real maple syrup and heated. DIVINE! Now if we could just have the sand and waves and 80 degree weather, we will be okay.

No comments: