Thursday, November 18, 2010

Procrastination


I finally had our ugly front door painted and I love it. I don't know why I would procrastinate for so long doing something that makes me so happy. I get excited now when I go to the front door and see this great looking door. For WAAAAY too long I have hated the door because it was boring white and beat up. Now it looks like a new door.

So why would I wait so long to be good to myself and have something done that is beautiful and nice. I think there is this puritan imprint that says if I deny myself then I am more righteous. Weird, I know. Sometimes I feel guilty for being too good to myself and so I know that I unconsciously hold back. A psychologist said that one of the best things we can do to eliminate stress is fix or spruce up everything in our home that is broken. Not only is a home that is well cared for good for me and my family, but I also know that I gave someone a job that needed it.

No comments: