Friday, November 12, 2010

Looking at the World Through New Eyes


As I change my beliefs and work toward having them in more in line with the gospel according to greater understanding of the scriptures, my attitude and heart changes towards life and people. It is amazing how much better everything looks now. The mountains seem more stunningly beautiful, the leaves on the trees are amazingly more colorful than I ever noticed before, and I see even more goodness in people and the many ways they have blessed my life. I am finding more joy in all aspects of my life as I repent of old cultural beliefs that have created judgment and condemnation; first for myself and thus for others. It is only what I do to myself first that creates the attitude and behavior I will then have towards someone else. That is why we should love others as ourselves because if I'm not good at loving myself, it is difficult to genuinely love others.

No comments: