Thursday, November 4, 2010

Problem Solving


Life is really just solving one problem after another. When I have a problem in my life, it is such a time and energy waster to complain about it. Granted this doesn't stop me from continually trying to see if complaining will eventually work like the insane person doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Also, sometimes I feel like there is this subtle competition going to see who has the most to complain about and being the competitive person that I am, I am going to win.

I keep having to discover over and over again that what I need to do instead of complaining or just being frustrated is to openly admit I have a problem and then ask myself, "Self, how can I make this work better?" (I love talking to myself) When I get into creative problem solving and am willing to ask, ("ask and ye shall receive") then ideas flow and I feel such empowerment. Complaining is being a victim; problem solving is gaining personal power.

Finding a solution to a problem, even just little organizational problems and especially big relationship problems, is a great source of satisfaction and motivation. One simple solution found and implemented paves the way for other bigger solutions, and sometimes it is the simple things that can make such a difference.

No comments: