Thursday, January 14, 2010

Closet Yogi



I love yoga! "Because of the deep, mindful breathing that yoga involves, lung capacity often improves. Most forms of yoga emphasize deepening and lengthening your breath. This stimulates the relaxation response -- the opposite of the fight-or-flight adrenaline boost of the stress response."

I am committed to a morning routine that includes 20 minutes of yoga. I find that when I say my morning prayer before doing yoga that I get the benefits of not only the breathing and stretching, I also feel inspired clarity. Yoga should be done on a empty stomach so I do it first thing in the morning in my closet. Yes, I am a closet yogi! I just wouldn't recommend doing salutation to the sun with a suitcase nearby that could catch your baby toe and point it in a different direction. Not the best way to start the day.

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh I love yoga!! I didn't know it's better to do it on an empty stomach though.. hm..something to think about..along with drinking more water :)