Saturday, January 16, 2010
Correct the Breath
I have been focusing on my breathing and here are a few things I have discovered:
1. I haven't been in the habit of eliminating my breath completely and thus a sort of up tightness stays in my body, especially in my shoulders.
2. When I breathe out completely, I feel so relaxed and peaceful. The more I do it the more automatic it becomes, especially when I feel tense.
3. I normally breathe in longer than I breathe out. Exhaling should be longer than inhaling and working at extending my exhale has been very cleansing.
4. I now feel like I am in the habit of breathing from my diaphragm, which coming from my core, feels more grounding. Weird, I know.
3. I now feel like I am breathing more like David Archeleta did in American Idol. Bless his heart!
I would have never thought that breathing is so important and have benefited from this extended focus on such a simple practice. I appreciate this quote:
"Breathing is the FIRST place not the LAST place one should investigate when any disordered energy presents itself."
Sheldon Saul Hendler, MD Ph.D., The Oxygen Breakthrough
Posted by Tanya at 9:08 PM