Saturday, January 2, 2010

Routine


I have already discovered one of the great perks of committing to a nightly blog. Since I can think and work better in an orderly environment, it is a great incentive to get my home straightened up before I sit down to type; and thus waking up will be easier even without "Folgers in my Cup." (Yea, you know it, I've seen too many TV commercials)

Okay, so now that I have already established that slow and steady like the tortoise is more long-term beneficial than the short, exhausting spurt of the hare; I will follow the counsel in "What About Bob" and engage in baby steps. That is the best advice for those of us that are somewhat crazy. My first baby steps are just establishing a morning routine that includes a quiet, reflective time for personal study and writing in my journal about principles for self-improvement. Then I also establish a nightly routine in which I can post something on my blog. For me, routine is key, especially first thing in the morning and then before going to bed, because without it who knows where I end up. I am one of those people that can get distracted so. . . did I let the dog in?

No comments: