Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Balance the Star


I have decided that in order to create a more balanced focus that I want to move around the points of the star. Once again, imagine the point pointing to the top is the spiritual, top right is the physical, bottom right the mental, bottom left is the emotional and top left if the social. Finally the center is the correct principles. With all the hard work on just the physical aspect with all the breathing, drinking, and sleeping (I am so overworked!), I was feeling like my star was a tad lopsided and starting to spin out of control, and so now I will move around the star and give some attention to the other points.

I do know that when I talked about examining our core beliefs and making sure that they are in line with truth, that it becomes a focus on the connection between the spiritual point and the mental point of the star. It is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his gospel that must drive our attitudes and mental focus. "What think ye of Christ?" is a relevant question that connects our spiritual faith and mental attitude.

It is important that I am aware of my thoughts and making sure they are connected to my faith in my Savior and in my Father in Heaven. It is also important that I take advantage of the power of prayer and pray that my Heavenly Father will help me direct my thoughts because the Spirit can direct my thoughts just like my thoughts can affect how I feel spiritually. I know that examination of thoughts kind of comes into focus when I slow down and take some deep breaths.

No comments: