Friday, July 2, 2010

Indulgence


One of my favorite indulgences is to relax in a bathtub. The main reason I love it so much is that I receive some great ideas and inspiration when I am enveloped in water. Even though it is very therapeutic and enlightening, I have discovered that sometimes I have attached a negative connotation to the word indulge and believe it is always a bad thing. Having that Puritan attitude and belief that something that feels great must be evil then I resist being good to myself. However, the dictionary has two kinds of definitions for indulge--one is positive and one is negative. It is possible for me to "indulge" and still be a goody little two shoes. (Where did that saying come from?) In fact, I have discovered that unless I am good to myself then I can't really be genuinely good to someone else without eventually resenting them.

No comments: