Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pez Dispenser


I use to be like a pez dispenser willingly and freely giving out advice, opinions, etc. Notice I said use to be. I am avoiding saying I am because I am changing. I am no longer claiming that I am something when it is something I don't want to be.

Today I had the rare experience of someone actually specifically seeking me out for advice (I had to miss Sunday School but hey, a girl has to make sacrifices, right?). That was weird because people usually don't need to ask for advice since I have always been willing to automatically flip back the top of my head and push out the advice just like pez candy. Once again I am reminded of what John Lund taught; there are only three things we can effectively do in a relationship, love, be an example, and teach only when invited. I am working at keeping my pez dispenser shut even though it seems to have a defective spring that tends to flip open so easily.

No comments: