Sunday, July 11, 2010

Endure to the End


I want to clarify what I am going to say. I believe that we are all entitled to our own personal revelation especially about scripture, and with that said, I also believe that what is a right interpretation for me isn't necessarily what is right for someone else. I want anyone reading this to be clear about that pertaining to what I am about to say. I am certainly not someone else's authority when it comes to interpreting scriptures.

Christ said that the law of Moses has an end in Him. I believe that we still have performance based laws that are our means to coming unto Christ. Christ said He is the beginning and the end. I know that it is important for me to realize that the laws and ordinances aren't an end in and of themselves but they are designed to end in Chirst. They are a vehicle to bring me closer to my Savior. For me "endure to the end" has taken on a whole other meaning in that I have to make sure I don't just stop at checking off the performance but that I make certain that the performance is actually helping me feel more love for God and others. If my performance is making me feel proud or judging someone else's performance or lack thereof, then I am not enduring to Christ and His love. I am committed to making certain that what I do is actually bringing me closer to my Savior.

No comments: