Saturday, July 17, 2010

Glass Half Full


I have learned that there can be a childhood programming that needs to be reprogrammed. My programming pattern became one of pessimism or negativity BUT I still have a choice to change and the God-given power to do so. It takes practice and help from above to change my mind set of seeing the glass half full instead of half empty. I now choose to consciously think about the blessing or benefit of anything that I see or that happens to me. I know that the start of the Book of Mormon has that profound lesson in it in comparing Nephi's positive, faithful attitude with his brothers' whining and complaining. Heavenly Father put that lesson in the beginning of the book as opposed to the end because He knew that I would start reading the Book of Mormon over and over again and not often get to the end because I needed that repetitive message. I am grateful for the scriptures and how they can change how I see myself and what I need to do differently. I am committed to seeing the goodness, blessing, and benefit of anything I encounter.

No comments: