Thursday, March 4, 2010

Relationships


It is amazing to me that I can google "mother and child in a car laughing" and I get exactly that. The internet is amazing.

Okay, so my next point in the vision star is the social part of me. The inspiration that locked in my brain years ago was when I passed one of our kid's friends driving with his mom. They were having a good laugh and I thought to myself, "That's weird. You mean a mother and son can actually have a good time together and the mom isn't droning on and on about why we have weeds (long story)? Actually, the son isn't riding on top of the car as the mom is trying to ditch him (another long story)? Wow, that's a novel idea."

Anyway, this visual image helped me realize that families could have fun together. I am just still trying to live up to that image because sometimes I can take this mothering business way too serious.

1 comment:

Sawyer and Eliot said...

I think you are a great mom. I also think you have a great relationship with Jake and I truly hope that I can have as good of a relationship with Sawyer as you do with your children.