Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beliefs, Thoughts, & Feelings



I have mentioned this before but it is worth repeating. If I want to change a behavior, I must first change my beliefs, thoughts, and feelings about that behavior.

I must first notice what I say to myself and out loud to others because it will manifest what my belief is. For example, if I think or say that I lack discipline, then it is important to question and challenge that belief because what I believe in will happen--either good or bad. I believe that is a part of having faith. Having faith in my limiting or God-given abilities, whichever I choose.

The other night at a dinner function we were attending, I had enjoyed the main entree and out of habit was starting to look forward to the dessert. I realized that I had this lingering belief that dessert was the "grand finale" but then I quickly changed my belief and told myself that the main course was the best ending of the meal. I honestly felt a buzz go through my body realizing that I had just changed a belief, thought, and feeling. Wow, it works, and yes, I'm weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a man (or woman) thinketh, so is he! ;)