Friday, March 26, 2010

Angels among us


We have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received. We have a pile of letters and cards, we have received flowers, candy, baked goodies, text messages, phone calls, and emails from family and friends; some that we haven't seen for years. People have miraculously shown up at crucial times after I have prayed to have angels lift up someone who was overcome with despair. I thought I was praying for unseen angels only to have angels with flesh show up.

The morning after our darkest night, there was a book entitled, "Light" written by a neighbor on our doorstep with a truly inspired letter. Thank you Brian for listening to that prompting and making that delivery at just the perfect moment. There are truly angels among us who I am profoundly grateful live by inspiration and that have taken the time to let us know they care.

Someone once said, "God hears and answers our prayers, but it is usually through another person that He meets our needs." Thank you for meeting our needs and especially for praying for us. We have truly felt your prayers. I cannot adequately express my appreciation for the tender mercies and miracles that we have been blessed with by people that are on God's errand.

Now I know that it is our turn to "pay it forward." I am committed to learn by all of your example and be there to lift someone in their trials. I have to say that I am grateful for this experience because it has changed us for the better. We have tasted of the love of God and his angels that wouldn't have happened in any other way. Thank you our angelic family and friends.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad to hear that your prayers are being answered.

Christina said...

I love being the giver, but HATE being the receiver. Yet, I guess we have to learn both. God sometimes has to push us hard until we will finally let go of our independence and depend on others and Him.