Monday, June 28, 2010

Purpose


In addition to having passion, I need to be clear on my purpose. For a lot of years I thought my purpose was to go from church calling to church calling so that I would clean out the passed-down notebooks and closets. There would be so much unuseful junk in them that I was sure people believed they would get excommunicated if they threw anything away. Now is all I have to do is look around the church and see what needs cleaning out and that will be my next calling. Maybe I'll go clean out the scout closet now so I can dodge that bullet!

Anyway, I think that it is good to always think about my purpose and to stay tuned in so that I get the clues to know what direction to go. That is essentially what a mission statement is and I know that it is important for me to get a new one in writing.

No comments: