Saturday, June 5, 2010

Carol Burnett


Back in the day I was a big fan of the Carol Burnett Show, and while I was in high school and newly married people often said that I reminded them of her. After realizing that I wouldn't get mistaken for a gorgeous actress, I learned to settle not for second best of being a sweet spirit, but for the booby prize of being goofy funny and thus I was flattered that I reminded people of her.

This picture is from one of my favorite skits where she is poking fun of the movie Gone With the Wind (my favorite movie). Oh man, I used to love her skits, and Carol became my role model in some lame skits I was in.

Right now I am reading her autobiography, which Kev had bought for me knowing how much I liked her. Her life wasn't easy but she was so dang funny. It goes to show how resilient people can be and how valuable laughter is. Carol Burnett inspires me to laugh at myself and be willing to be silly and fun, hardworking, and to take risks. I love reading about people who have overcome great obstacles.

No comments: