Thursday, June 24, 2010

More Questions


In an effort not to be too sappy in yesterday's post, I felt like I needed to be more sarcastic but I realize it came across flippant and therefore I sounded ungrateful for that little tender mercy. I am very grateful that my Heavenly Father answers even my simple little questions and appreciate that He is always willing to help and bless me.

There is another question that I continually need to be asking, and that is "What am I suppose to learn from this?" Sometimes I want Heavenly Father to take away a difficulty (or a difficult person), but instead of praying for that I know it is important for me to ask that question so that I can learn. I remember an acquaintance once told me that is what she finally did after praying for years that her depression would be taken away. This person shared with me that it wasn't until she asked what she needed to learn from it that solutions finally came.

I came across this business article, which I quote a small portion of:

"Ask questions: The single most important habit for innovative thinkers

By Paul Sloane

Children learn by asking questions. Students learn by asking questions. New recruits learn by asking questions. Innovators understand client needs by asking questions. It is the simplest and most effective way of learning. People who think that they know it all no longer ask questions – why should they? Brilliant thinkers never stop asking questions because they know that this is the best way to gain deeper insights.

Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, said, "We run this company on questions, not answers." He knows that if you keep asking questions you can keep finding better answers."

No comments: