Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wait Upon the Lord

Today I am immensely grateful for this teaching that I should wait upon the Lord.  The word wait is defined, "stay where one is or delay until something else happens."  So I took that advice and waited until I received direction from my Heavenly Father before I did something that could have been worse than what I was experiencing.  On days when I wanted to give up or sometimes even get mad and get even, I would run across a scripture that talked about patience and long suffering, and I knew that if I endured it well that things could work out.

I have a deep conviction that I shouldn't rely on my own understanding or judgment, but continually rely on inspiration from my Heavenly Father who is perfect and knows so much better than I.  I know that "it ain't over until the fat lady sings," and so there will always be set backs and pain; but I also know that even through the pain, that life can be good.  Having had my own share of pain, I now know better than ever that there is always something good that can come even from the difficulties if I am patient. I have learned lessons that I wouldn't have learned in any other way.  I am grateful that I have a Savior that can make it all turn out right and continues to do so.

No comments: