Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is it Breakfast or Dessert?

I am determined to get back to healthy eating. This morning I cooked one egg with chopped broccoli and a touch of mozzarella cheese. It tasted so good and felt so healthy that I decided I wanted to incorporate more vegetables into my breakfasts. I then wondered why there are so many breakfast dishes that look a whole lot like dessert, and it came to me that during the night our blood sugar drops and so we wake up craving sugar to raise it quickly. Of course we all know that a quick rise in blood sugar also results in a quick nose dive later, and thus we are on the sugar roller coaster ride fighting the craving all day long. For me, eating more vegetables and lean protein is the best way to level off the roller coaster ride. Boring, I know, but so much more healthy. Life is enough of a roller coaster ride, my blood sugar doesn't need join in.

No comments: