Monday, September 12, 2011

A Day of Homemaking

The other day I decided to stay home and actually be a homemaker. I cooked a pot of 12 bean soup (which I will be eating for another 12 days) and cleaned and organized. It really brought back a lot of memories of days when I had a house full of little children and it was easier to stay home and work because there was so much that had to be done at home. Now that I have more freedom and other interests outside the home (important things like lunch out), I don't spend as much time at home, and the other day I remembered how really safe and cozy it feels to be home. I loved it and now want to stay home more often and still enjoy homemaking. For me, it has been an amazing career choice, and I am grateful I had the opportunity to have that choice.

No comments: