Sunday, September 12, 2010

Star Power


Sometimes, no, oftentimes, I loose my way and get distracted from what really matters. Picture me wondering like a zombie towards the large and spacious building. It is a constant battle or it is a constant kind of game (however I choose to look at it--game sounds more fun). I can tell when I have lost balance and focus and I am off wondering when I'm distracted with worldly things and then get frustrated with other people and start blaming them for my dissatisfaction with life. I am always grateful that I have someone or something that hits me over the head to get me out of that zombie state, and pushes back to the iron rod so I can get back on track. It then feels so good to get clarity and get back to what I know works.

Once I had come back to my senses, I found it helpful to draw different 5-pointed stars--one each for daily, weekly, and monthly habits and then a star for long-term goals. I then listed intentions for each part of my self--spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and social, on each star. In doing so created such a shift in my attitude and my vision and I had hope and excitement. I took my focus off of anyone else that I falsely believed was sabotaging my happiness and put it back in my own power. My life sometimes seem like the movie Ground Hog Day. What a fun game.

No comments: