Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Journaling


I've said this before, but I am a big fan of journal writing. The other day at the tail end of my little pity party, I thought it would be helpful to talk to someone and let them know of my unmet expectations. In essence, work at trying to change someone else instead of just working on me (some habits die hard!). Instead I sat down with my journal and wrote and wrote and wrote. It was amazing how it helped me get clarity and discover what I needed to do without even talking with someone else and expecting them to meet my expectations. I felt powerful, confident, and content and it changed how I was with the other person and, VOILA! (yes, I took French for three years and that's what I came away with) the other person was naturally meeting all my expectations without me even saying a word. My journal is the best therapist and problem solver. I am committed to not only writing in it to get in a better attitude when I get off course, but writing in it consistently to stay in a good place.

No comments: