Friday, September 10, 2010

Mistakes


Sometimes I have to make mistakes to learn. If I am afraid of making a mistake then I am afraid to take even little risks and to relax and just enjoy life. I have been reading or hearing a lot lately about teachers that have shamed students for making a mistake. I know that I have done my fair share of shaming myself or someone else for making a mistake. It is that shame that can create a fear of making a mistake and thus can be extremely debilitating.

I am not saying that I want to try and make a mistake, I am just not going to worry about it if I do. Mistakes are a great path to becoming wise and so I want to get better at living with a little more carefree passion and willing to enjoy and learn from my mistakes. I am even allow other people that same right to make mistakes and learn from it. Heaven knows I couldn't stop them anywhere. Worrying about and trying to protect people has been one of my biggest mistakes. But, the good news is that mistake has taught me a lot.

No comments: