Saturday, April 19, 2014

Think Like an Artist

You know the song, "Walk like an Egyptian?" Well, I believe that if you walked like one enough, you might become that. Same goes for thinking and acting like an artist. Declaring that I am an artist (like we all are in some form) helps me see all the myriad of ways to express artistry. In fashion, decorating, cooking, writing, photography, and on and on and on.

I can get so task oriented that I just want to get the job done, but now my eyes have opened to new possibilities. To think like an artist and capture ways to make even mundane tasks more artistic. I realize that it is a great way to live fully in the moment and savor beauty in a whole new way. It lends itself to more appreciation for all that God created for us and compels me to be a creator just like Him.

No comments: