Friday, April 4, 2014

My Greatest Lesson

The greatest lesson I have learned and keep on experiencing is that my stress or my peace is my own creation. I simply need to have the discipline necessary to hold on to my peace. To get in and stay in that space where I am one with my Heavenly Father. That is the gift of the atonement--that "at one ment" of feeling the connection to my Father's love and peace. The thought, "It isn't what happens to us that matters, but how we react to it," is incredibly powerful and true. My reaction can bring peace or stress. It is my choice. I know that my propensity to want control my life by thinking that I need to control others or feeling powerless and fearful of their choices was my greatest deception and brought me the most stress and pain. I know that no one really caused me the most pain. I did it to myself by my negative reaction. I declare I am "response able!" It is my responsibility to stay in the place of peace and joy. Sometimes I just need to stop, close my eyes, and take a deep breath to feel that connection.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Tanya, I just love your daily thoughts! I've been out of the blogging world for a while and have forgotten how much I enjoyed your ideas about life. Keep em comin as I know you will!

Colleen said...

Thank you dear friend.