Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Stitch in Time

One thing leads to another. When I was at the craft store buying my art supplies, I ran into some fabulous yarn and was pulled back to another hobby I started at a young age. Crocheting. I bought the yarn and a hook and as soon as I came home, I started a little baby blanket.

It too brought back memories and I felt like I was coming home. I remember staying with my Great Grandma Adams and her teaching me how to crochet a nose warmer with a tassel on the end. Such a fun time laughing with her as we put on the finished product. I remember my Grandpa Harper telling me the I hold the crochet hook wrong. Sorry Grandpa, I still hold it wrong. Some habits are hard to break.

I was also brought back to a time in college sitting with my BFF Lisa Zundel now Anderson and crocheting together while we watched TV.  I know that my recent desire to start crocheting again was inspired by Lisa as I read her blog and how she stills loves to crochet while she watches TV. Thanks Lisa, you helped me remember how fun that experience was.   

I have discovered that it is always good to look to my childhood to remember what I loved to do. Next maybe I will have to call Jill, Judy, and Brad and put on another play. Unfortunately my Mom is the only parent alive, so we won't have much of an audience. (I need to clarify. Fortunately my Mom is still alive. Unfortunately, the other parents aren't)

No comments: