Tuesday, November 20, 2012

False Beliefs

I have embraced a lot of false beliefs and one of those is that to take a day off and just rest when I am not sick is selfish and wrong. In other words, if I am trying to be the ultimate self-sacrificer and earn the Martyr of the Year award that means that giving myself permission to rest and regroup would be a violation of monumental proportions. (Are you impressed with the intellectual expression thus giving me more bang for my buck--not only am I a martyr but an articulate one)

Mind you, however,  if I get sick, then going to bed is justified. Oh wait a minute, I have even been know to suffer through the sickness and still rise to that super woman ideal, but trust me, everyone knows about it.  But if I get really really sick then I can still go to bed and keep my claim on that over zealous title.

Okay, so now I know I don't have to get sick to give myself permission to do what my heart is calling for, and voila, I don't need to get sick and incapacitated anymore. I can just crawl in bed or in the tub feeling great and not needing any excuse. Wow, I just had a big sigh of relief. I am going to continue to explore my false beliefs and nix them.

No comments: