Friday, August 7, 2015

DO NOT Take for Granted


I hate entitlement issues. But how often I have taken so much of what I have been blessed with for granted? That is the kind of entitlement that I should be the most concerned with. When I don't feel as grateful for what I have and want something different.

Just this morning I was looking out the window at the fabulous view we have from our home. As I think about leaving this home in a few months, I realize how much I have to be grateful for living here. It is so easy to get excited about a new home that I forget how much I have to be grateful for right here and now. I realize that because I have lived here for almost 30 years that there is much that I have taken for granted. Taken something for granted means that I am not being grateful and feeling and expressing gratitude is one of the basic keys of happiness.

No comments: