Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Blog a Day Keeps Distraction Away

This is day one of my intention to live everyday of this last month before I turn 60 will purpose and adventure. (I know what you're thinking. "You don't look a day older than 58--just decades older.")

The year that I committed to blogging everyday was a documented growth period for me. In that year I experienced one of the hardest things I have ever gone through, but it was beautiful how a blog a day helped me navigate through it and even benefit from it. There is something magical that happens when I put my thoughts on paper. We are talking like real fireworks happening when my pen touches paper (Insert Katy Perry's song here). I want that magical display to continue especially this month. Knowing I am going to record my thoughts in a public place everyday keeps me focused on the moment to moment. I am more motivated to think more deeply and experience life more fully.

Today I started the day and month with a 6-mile solo walk/run/hike. There is something wondrous about spending time alone especially spent in nature. I get to think my own thoughts with a significant awareness that my thoughts are elevated because I am being prompted from above. 

No comments: