Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dance

I spend a lot of time at my desk on the computer as evidence by the fact that my dog came home from a little outing with Gar and Tay and and he ran in the house and dashed to find me. Of course he ran straight to the computer and since I wasn't there he then went to all the usual places that I hang out. Heavens knows how many spots he went to before he found me. I do know that he went to the kitchen but only because I frequently visit it for food but not necessarily to cook.

Knowing how much time I sit at the computer studying and all those others distractions right at my fingertips, I try to keep my body a little more active. Something tells me the movement from hand to mouth isn't quite enough, so I try to take little breaks from the computer to dance. So if you drive by and see some crazy woman in my study flailing her arms, just know that I am replacing that trip to the kitchen for food with a little Motown movement. Something I really wish I could do in public.

Don't you sometimes wish that when a fun song to dance to comes on the intercom in the grocery store that we could all break into a dance? I think this world would be a better place if we could just start dancing at random times. It would even be more fun if we all knew the same dance moves. Kind of like daily flash mobs everywhere we go just like the movie Enchanted in Central Park. I'm going to call up a Presidential candidate and suggest it as a campaign promise.

No comments: