Monday, February 27, 2012

Floating

My blog shows the posts that gets the most hits, and my discussion on floating and letting go and letting God has received the most views. I guess in this world of stress and over achievement, it must feel good to know that we can relax and just float. That is what I did after I swam my laps this morning. After doing some stretching, I just spent a few minutes floating.

Interesting analogy that in order to float, I have to spread my arm and legs wide in what seems like a vulnerable position, and I relax and trust that I will stay afloat (it helps to have a higher percent of body fat than muscle--way to go Tanya). Great symbolism that I am also looking Heavenward. I am going to take more time to do that not only after a hard swim but during anything that it is hard. Be still and know that He is God and that he will help ease my burdens and make them light (without having to make me fat).

No comments: