Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Criticizing and Soul Searching

I just watched biggest loser and hated to see them criticize and be so hard on each other. I realize that when we are placed in a competitive situation, that can be a natural consequence. Watching them be so annoyed and criticize, kind of made me want to be critical of them. Kind of like judging people who judge--it is just more of the same. I had to stop myself and do a self-check; realizing that I should just see this as a mirror so I can see what I am guilty of and learn from it. It is like my favorite verse in the Book of Mormon, which says be grateful we see other people's mistakes but use that observation not to condemn them but to learn to be more wise. Criticizing someone else and doing my own soul searching cannot co-exist.

No comments: