Friday, February 3, 2012

Complaining & Gratitude

There are always emotions and feelings that cannot coexist. Faith and fear, love and hate, and complaining and gratitude. It is impossible to have the wonderful feelings of gratitude when I am busy complaining or even just focusing on complaints in my head. It feels so much better to feel gratitude than it does to focus on what I don't like. In everything, even the bad situations, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for, and I have discovered that gratitude is a light, fresh feeling, and complaining is dark and sticky. Gratitude energizes, and complaining is depressing. I even notice that when I am prone to feel like complaining that I want to eat sugar. I guess my body recognizes it needs something sweet. Gratitude is sweet and easier on the hips.

No comments: