Saturday, February 25, 2012

Find Funny

I ran across this church parking lot while in St. George and had to capture the humor in thinking that this ward must like to party! I think the best medicine is laughter. I don't mean to be disrespectful to older people that start to have physical limitations, heck I am well on my way; but it feels good to laugh at something so unexpected. I hope I can always be able to laugh at myself and laugh at life. I really do want to spend more time not taking life quite so seriously. Laughter is great exercise and good medicine.

This reminds me of a time in grade school when I was struggling with some difficulties and quite depressed. I remember coming home from school and wanting to read the comics labeled, "laugh it off." I think I was on to something then. I guess I knew how therapeutic a good laugh could be. I am just grateful I didn't know about drugs back then. I might have been tempted to use them to dull the pain. I am glad all I had were those comics and was able to start a good habit of how to deal with painful emotions. I want to get better at noticing what is funny, especially about me. That won't be a difficult search.

No comments: